[mythtv-users] Finally using comflagging (wow!), have a few questions

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Mar 31 21:35:43 UTC 2008

Mitch Gore wrote:

>     Here's my main question: (Note that I'm still running 0.20.2 for now).
>      I'd like to record some selected shows using realtime commflagging,
>     mostly ones that we tend to start watching when they're about half
>     over...it works great for those cercumstances.  I'd prefer to have the
>     others just run during the night.  As far as I can see there's no way
>     to do that with programs marked for auto-commflagging.
>

> There isnt any feature in like this implmented yet. I havent ever though
> of this but it sounds like a good idea.  It would be cool to add job
> priorities much like recording priorites.  So if a show has a pri of 5
> and all others a default 0 it would be popped up to the top of the queue.
>
> I like it....
>
> Now if we just had a coder/dev! lol
>
> Mitchell

Not sure that would work too well. It's not like jobs go to the queue
and sit there. As soon as a backend is available to process it, it
starts up the job. The only case where this would be useful is when you
have multiple recordings starting all at the same time, no other active
jobs, and all jobs get added before the next time the queue is queried
for jobs to process.

What would be nice is two (or more?) job queues that have independent
start/end times. JobQueue1 runs 00:00-23:59 and JobQueue2 runs
03:00-06:00. Crap I don't care about goes to JobQueue2 and stuff I want
to start ASAP goes to JobQueue1. Probably pretty easy to implement this
way, too.

-Brad