[mythtv-users] MyMote iPhone Remote Control For Mythtv

Chase Douglas chasedouglas at gmail.com
Thu May 1 14:06:57 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I've been developing an iPhone application for remotely controlling
Mythtv. Here's some of its features:

* Detects Mythtv backends using UPnP, and frontends from the backend
settings
* Detects current location of frontend (in a menu, playing a
recording, in program guide, etc.) and shows only the remote buttons
you want to see for each location
* Allows for dynamically editing buttons in each location by moving
and enlarging/shrinking buttons and by removing or adding buttons
using a button picker dialog
* A program guide that can be zoomed in or out and panned around
* Channel icons in program guide
* Clicking on a program lists program details and allows for switching
to the channel

The project is currently in an Alpha status. It is not yet feature
complete (maybe 80% there). It also has a few bugs of course.
Development information, screen shots, and a video can be found here: http://trac2.assembla.com/mymote/wiki/WikiStart
.

Note that I will be distributing the application through the iTunes
store when available (Sometime in June). Because of this, I have
signed agreements with Apple stating that I cannot distribute the
application myself. However, the code is open source, and any
enterprising individual may build it for his or her self. I would
kindly request that if you do so and you like it, please try to
contribute $5 to help defray the costs ($105.69) of the Apple
developer program.

Thanks,
Chase Douglas