[mythtv-users] no channel lock - live TV

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Thu May 1 14:22:42 UTC 2008

Jay Summet wrote:
> (I bought various attenuators: 3, 6, 10, and 16db and it turns out that
> the 16db attenuator worked the best! I wasn't expecting to have to
> attenuate the signal that much!) I can still receive all of the channels
> I had before, and the glitches have disappeared from the one that was
> causing me problems.
>
> Jay

You could have saved some money by joining the 6 and 10 together to give
you the equivalent 16!

We used to have this kind of issue with our cable box when we went
digital. The NTL engineer tried various combinations until he hit on the
combination that gave the best signal. I seem to remember he had 3
separate attenuators one after the other to give a combined total
attenuation.
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted
items, including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts