[mythtv-users] Mytharchive stuck in loop after reboot

A. Dumas admlm at amdiac.net
Thu May 1 18:53:44 UTC 2008

Hi,

A few days ago I inadvertently rebooted my computer while Mytharchive
was preparing a set of recordings to burn onto a DVD.  Since rebooting,
Mytharchive doesn't work.  Clicking on "Archive Files" > "Export Video
Files" > "Create DVD" starts up a never ending mytharchivehelp process
that uses 100% of the CPU, according to top.  Killing the
mytharchivehelp process brings up the next "Select Destination" screen
where the type of DVD is chosen.  If I continue and attempt to burn a
DVD, the same mytharchivehelp 100% CPU process starts up and apparently
just stays in a loop.

I assume the ill-planned reboot while running Mytharchive left a lock
file or partially erased settings that's preventing Mytharchive from
working correctly?

I'm running the following latest versions on an up-to-date Gentoo system:

mythtv-0.21_p17100
mytharchive-0.21_p17105
mythdvd-0.21
mythcontrols-0.21_p17105