[mythtv-users] MyMote iPhone Remote Control For Mythtv

Chase Douglas chasedouglas at gmail.com
Thu May 1 20:48:31 UTC 2008

On May 1, 2008, at 3:17 PM, James Armstrong wrote:
> I just watched the video and love that you can customize the buttons.
> It seems like it would be faster to search and schedule programs than
> using the frontend and a ir remote.

As a follow up, I have another reason I wanted a native app: the
possibility of creating a frontend for the iPhone. Unfortunately, the
current API and capabilities of Mythtv (not being able to live stream
a type that can be played back on an iPhone) make this impossible at
the current time. However, the API is changing in ways that do make it
more plausible with every SDK beta drop, and it's not impossible to
live transcode streams, just no good solution exists...

Also, I don't know how easy it will be to support setting up
recordings. Unfortunately, there's no mysql client for the iPhone that
would allow for this, at least not yet.

Thanks