[mythtv-users] Imon VFD in Silver Antec Fusion

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Thu May 1 23:36:27 UTC 2008

George Galt wrote:
> Mike:
>
> I had no trouble getting it started using the stock parts from Fedora 8
-- no need to build anything from source, just used F8 and atrpms. Just
make sure you follow the editing of LCDd.conf from the wiki at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Imon#iMON_VFD_.28Vacuum_Fluorescent_Display.29

Thanks for that George.

Did you get the lcdproc package from atrpms, or from the default fedora
repository? I have installed from fedora, and can't see it on atrpms.

I've followed those instructions, and all the debug info seems to suggest
it is reading the right files etc, but I just get junk on the display.

I have updated the Driver=imon and the DriverPath=/usr/lib64/lcdproc/
(which is the location of the imon.so library file. For good measure I
have also included the reporttosysmon and reportlevel parameters, and
/var/log/messages appears to be reporting suitable activity.

Do I need to update the user=nobody or anything else, or should those 2
lines be all that is needed?
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted
items, including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts