[mythtv-users] MyMote iPhone Remote Control For Mythtv

Chase Douglas chasedouglas at gmail.com
Fri May 2 00:43:58 UTC 2008

On May 1, 2008, at 8:40 PM, Phill Edwards wrote:
> By "remotely control" do you mean from afar (ie like mythweb) or from
> the sofa (ie like a normal IR remote control)? If it's the latter,
> does that mean iPhones have IR built-in?

The remote control works through the telnet remote control interface
of mythfrontend. The backend address can be specified manually either
by ip or dns name, but the frontend hostname is queried from the
backend. This means that it can control the frontend no matter where
you are in the world as long as you can reach the backend and frontend
and resolve the frontend hostname as given by the backend.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Thanks