[mythtv-users] Dish HD and Mythtv

David George david at thegeorges.us
Fri May 2 02:57:45 UTC 2008

Junk Mail wrote:
> I would like to use Mythtv with my Dish HD service.  Most of the
> information I find for Mythtv setups and instructions appear to be
> geared towards Cable.  Where can I get more information about the Dish
> HD + Mythtv experience?  I would like to be able to determine how the
> two systems would interact and the pro's and con's with the various
> configuration options.
>
> Thanks in advance for any information/links you can provide,

There is a ticket that adds R5000 support to MythTV.  See:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4752 .

I use it with DirecTV and it captures both SD and HD just fine (as long
as it is MPEG2 HDTV).  The Dish version supports MPEG2 and (some?) of
the Dish MPEG4 receivers. See the ticket and the nextcom wireless web
site that is in the ticket for more information.

All you need is an EHCI high-speed USB port on your backend (or slave
backend).  No intermediate Windows box needed.

--
David