[mythtv-users] Searching for a case

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Fri May 2 05:59:42 UTC 2008

> Hans Jockl wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm planning a MythTv box. Because of i listen to a lot of music i would
>> like to have case with display in the front and a few buttons like play,
>> stop, rewind, forward. I found the MSI Media live but i don't know if
>> all
>> this is supportet. I think i'll give Mtyhbuntu a try. Do you know other
>> cases with this features that are supportet?
> This one
> <http://www.silverstonetek.com/products/p_contents.php?pno=lc16m&area=usa>
> may also suit you and is probably supported
> <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/SilverstoneTek_LC16M>.
> Manufacturers, including Silverstone, change components but do not
> bother to change the model number so this month's XYZ100 can be tried
> and tested with MythTV but next month's XYZ100 can be based on totally
> different electronics that MythTV does not recognize.
> --
> David

I've got the new model LC16M which I ordered after check the wiki only to
find when I received it, it wasn't supported yet. There are now
experimental patches for it and I've been updating the wiki to warn
others.

I've only gotten the VFD to work using the standalone VFD driver and patch :(

but hopefully by the time lirc 0.8.3 is released it will be fully
supported, theres currently still no support as of lirc 0.8.3pre3 :(