[mythtv-users] Dish HD and Mythtv

David George david at thegeorges.us
Fri May 2 14:30:17 UTC 2008

On 5/1/2008 11:36 PM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On May 1, 2008, at 7:57 PM, David George wrote:
>
>> There is a ticket that adds R5000 support to MythTV.  See:
>> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4752 .
>>
>> I use it with DirecTV and it captures both SD and HD just fine (as
>> long
>> as it is MPEG2 HDTV).  The Dish version supports MPEG2 and (some?) of
>> the Dish MPEG4 receivers. See the ticket and the nextcom wireless web
>> site that is in the ticket for more information.
>>
>> All you need is an EHCI high-speed USB port on your backend (or slave
>> backend).
>>

> ...and you need an R5000-modified box and the desire to run trunk. ;)

Yes, I should have added that you will need an R5000-modified box and
the desire to compile from source also ;-) .  The R5000 patch will work
with .21-fixes (tested against svn 17225).  As for trunk I run 16789
(the last one before the qt4 merge) and it works fine there also.  I was
using v7 of the patch and switched to v11 a couple of days ago.

--
David