[mythtv-users] HD output device: ZeeVee

Lee Nash lee at compucrew.com
Fri May 2 18:16:45 UTC 2008

Quoting "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
> On 05/02/2008 12:35 PM, Lee Nash wrote:
>> I wish this would do 1080p.  I've got an older Mits that is 1080p capable,
>> but only through the coax.  The HDMI and component inputs only accept
>> 1080i :(
>
> Are you sure the VGA port doesn't accept 1080p?  (I don't have that TV,
> but one from the same era that was similar in design, so...)
>
> Mike

No, it doesn't have a VGA port.  I've got the 62628:
http://www.generalmanual.com/Televisions/Mitsubishi-WD-62628-1080p-DLP-Television.htm

Basically, Mits sold a 1080p (nice big red badge on the front) television
that could only receive 1080p signals OTA.  And we all know the number of
of 1080p OTA signals out there.

There was suppose to be a firmware fix, but that never materialized.

-lee