[mythtv-users] Internal player subtitles

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Fri May 2 22:27:31 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/01/2008 08:36 AM, Curd Delsemme wrote:
>> is it possible to configure the internal player so that it starts with
>> subtitles default on. Now I always has to press 'T' before having any
>> subtitle.
>
> Always display closed captioning or subtitles
> If enabled, captions will be displayed when playing back recordings or
> watching live TV.  Closed Captioning can be turned on or off by pressing
> "T" during playback.
>
> in frontend settings under OSD Settings.
>
> Mike

I've just added this feature suggestion to
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Feature_Wishlist_%28Frontend_Addons%29:

The frontend could remember the subtitle setting between sessions of the
Internal player. I.e. if subtitles were on when the player quit, they
will be on the next time it is started. With this behaviour, you could
eliminate the configuration setting.

Any comments?

John

--