[mythtv-users] HELP! qt3-MySQL dependancy broken for FC8 - Can anyone help?

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Sat May 3 05:56:27 UTC 2008

Michael Jones wrote:
> Ok.. the blind leading the blind here.. but..
>
> to get rid of the libraw stuff just do:
>
> yum -y upgrade --exclude=<package>
>
> <package> is whatever package you DON'T want yum to try to update.
>

> I don't know if it makes a significant difference, but I did:
>
> yum -y upgrade
>
> not
>
> yum -y update
>
> the difference is a --obsoletes tag (which I'm not entirely sure what
> it does)..
>
> Hope this helps.

Nope, didn't help me, the yum upgrade still ends with:

Transaction Check Error:
   file /usr/lib/libraw1394.so.8.2.0 from install of
libraw1394-1.3.0-6.fc8.i386 conflicts with file from package
libraw1394_8-1.3.0-3_11.fc8.i386

Note the last package name:  libraw1394_8
I believe this is an ATRPMs package that Fedora knows nothing about.
Therefore the new libraw1394 RPM from Fedora doesn't know to obsolete
it.  I suppose I could rpm -E --nodeps it knowing I'm going to yum
update right after that, but, .....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com