[mythtv-users] no channel lock - live TV

nick boexli at gmx.net
Sat May 3 08:54:03 UTC 2008

On Friday 02 May 2008 21:28:22 nick wrote:
> On Thursday 01 May 2008 23:00:11 Andrew Williams wrote:
> > 2008/5/1 nick <boexli at gmx.net>:
> > >  thanks a lot for this - but I dont realy know much about SQL and how
> > > to manually change the data w/o creating inconsitencies. Is there mybe
> > > a step by step instruction how to get this fixed?
> >
> > There's a script on that bug that accordingly fixes it, i've not tried
> > it myself so I don't know. YMMV, and please backup first.
> >
> > First, you want to check that your actually having that issue, run the
> > following SQL to get a dump of your channels, frequency and service
> > ids then compare it to your working channels.conf
> >
> > select channel.name, dtv_multiplex.frequency, channel.serviceid from
> > dtv_multiplex,channel where channel.mplexid = dtv_multiplex.mplexid
> >
> > If the freqs are different then it could be that bug.
>
> Thanks Andy- It is the bug - will try the script once I get the
> channels.conf imported - Cheers Nick

Ok I have the channels.conf imported and downloaded the script.
However if start the script as root :
sh mythic.pl channels.conf

I get the following errors  ....
mythic.pl: 2: use: not found
mythic.pl: 3: use: not found
mythic.pl: 4: use: not found
mythic.pl: 5: use: not found
mythic.pl: 6: use: not found
mythic.pl: 7: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

Is there anything else I need to know to get the script working? / Nick