[mythtv-users] Watch Recordings List Empty

kid charlemagne kidcharlemagne87 at yahoo.com
Sun May 4 14:45:57 UTC 2008

Okay, I just migrated a database from a 0.20.2 install to a fresh 0.21 install on Ubuntu 8.04. I backed up my old database using:

mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg > mythdb.sql

After installing the new mythtv 0.21 package, I dropped (deleted) the mythconverg database, created an empty fresh database called mythconverg, then imported the backed-up database with

mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg < mythdb.sql

I then ran 'mythtv-setup' which updated the database to the current schema successfully. Everything runs fine except for one very large problem. When I click on "Watch Recordings" the list is empty, my old recordings do not show up. I know what you are thinking: "He has a Group Filter on!" Wrong. The Group Filter is set to "All Programs" and has "[105 items]" next to it indicating that the old recordings are in the database, but are not showing up on the "Watch Recordings" screen. I even checked the contents of the 'recordings' table in the database and it looks fine. Even fresh recordings (made in the 0.21 install) record just fine but do not show up in the list. Under System Status it even correctly lists the amount of free space used and available. The list is also empty when in the Delete Recordings screen under Utilities, where it reports "0% free, 0.00 GB used". I also tried a clean install of 0.21 with a fresh database and everything works fine, so the problem is
 related to migrating to the new database.

 Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.