[mythtv-users] Watch Recordings List Empty

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Sun May 4 16:34:38 UTC 2008

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 8:45 AM, kid charlemagne
<kidcharlemagne87 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Okay, I just migrated a database from a 0.20.2 install to a fresh 0.21
> install on Ubuntu 8.04. I backed up my old database using:
>
> mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg > mythdb.sql

I do hope you realise this command-line will do nothing except create
a (blank) file called mythdb.sql. It will NOT back up the database. To
do that you need to use:

mysqldump -u mythtv -p mythconverg >mythdb.sql

I am hoping this is just a typo on your part.

I would suggest you use cat/less/your-text-editor-of-choice to check
the contents of mythdb.sql right now. If it's empty, then I'm afraid
you've lost your database contents.

If this is the case, you could try mythrebuilddatabase (IIRC) to give
you something from your recordings, but if that doesn't/won't work,
I'm afraid you're screwed as far as getting the recordings back into
the playback screen (Without a lot of database messing to re-populate
their details). However, you could drop the files into a folder viewed
by MythVideo and play them back that way.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston