[mythtv-users] blank program guide

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun May 4 18:47:19 UTC 2008

On 05/04/2008 02:05 PM, starcycle wrote:
> 9. wasn't sure, but selected "scan for channels." myth scans and adds
> "us-cable" channels that have signals ("Added us-cable channel xx" --
> seems to add them all); finish

This is probably the root of your (current--post Delete all) problem.

> 12. ran cron job to grab channel guide info and add to database,

Which created a bunch of channels (different from the ones created by
the channel scan) because you didn't match up xmltvid's.  Short answer
is don't ever scan for analog channels in the US.

> 13. checked mythweb -- no listings
> 14. started frontend -- no listings

Because none of the channels with listing info (i.e. added by
mythfilldatabase) are connected to any inputs.

> 15. checked frontend info page -> system status -> Listings Status, says:

> Mythversion blah blah -- exported
> Last mythfilldatabase guide update:
> Started <today> 13:50
> Finished <today> 13:53
> Result: successful
> There is guide data until 2008-05-17 23:45 (13 days)
>
> but no guide data. :?:?:?:?:

For the channels that you can tune.

> what am I doing wrong? in step 7, do I need to have it initially scan
> from one of the grabbers even though I'm adding from the zap2xml
> script later?

Yep.  Or, manually tell mythfilldatabase to add channels from the XMLTV
file created by zap2xml.  See mythfilldatabase --help.

Mike (Still trying not to mention how much time you're wasting trying to
save $20 per /year/ = $1.67/mo = 5.5 cents/day.  Definitely trying not
to think about the time /I'm/ wasting helping you save $20/yr.)