[mythtv-users] blank program guide

starcycle starcycle at gmail.com
Sun May 4 19:11:03 UTC 2008

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 2:47 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 05/04/2008 02:05 PM, starcycle wrote:
>  > 9. wasn't sure, but selected "scan for channels." myth scans and adds
>  > "us-cable" channels that have signals ("Added us-cable channel xx" --
>  > seems to add them all); finish
>  >

>  This is probably the root of your (current--post Delete all) problem.
>

>  > 12. ran cron job to grab channel guide info and add to database,
>
>  Which created a bunch of channels (different from the ones created by
>  the channel scan) because you didn't match up xmltvid's.  Short answer
>  is don't ever scan for analog channels in the US.
>

>  > 13. checked mythweb -- no listings
>  > 14. started frontend -- no listings
>  >

>  Because none of the channels with listing info (i.e. added by
>  mythfilldatabase) are connected to any inputs.
>

>  > 15. checked frontend info page -> system status -> Listings Status, says:
>  >
>  > ----------------------------------------
>  > Mythversion blah blah -- exported
>  > Last mythfilldatabase guide update:
>  > Started <today> 13:50
>  > Finished <today> 13:53
>  > Result: successful
>  > There is guide data until 2008-05-17 23:45 (13 days)
>  > -----------------------------------------
>  >
>  > but no guide data. :?:?:?:?:
>  >

>  For the channels that you can tune.
>

>  > what am I doing wrong? in step 7, do I need to have it initially scan
>  > from one of the grabbers even though I'm adding from the zap2xml
>  > script later?
>  >

>  Yep.  Or, manually tell mythfilldatabase to add channels from the XMLTV
>  file created by zap2xml.  See mythfilldatabase --help.
>
>  Mike (Still trying not to mention how much time you're wasting trying to
>  save $20 per /year/ = $1.67/mo = 5.5 cents/day.  Definitely trying not
>  to think about the time /I'm/ wasting helping you save $20/yr.)

thanks, I really do appreciate your time and help. This mythtv thing
is just an experiment here so far, mostly curiosity, not sure if it's
something we are even really going to use. we wanted to see how well
it actually worked before anything else. so far opinions are mixed at
best, we'll see what happens after this glitch gets sorted out.
thanks again