[mythtv-users] Untraceable error message from Mythfilldatabase

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon May 5 18:09:23 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Did you do the "chmod 1777 /tmp" (yes, that 1 /should be/ there--it's
> actually critical, not a typo--and is probably the missing piece).
>
> Mike

Problem partly identified....but not solved, only worked around.

Ok this appears to be a regression between SVN17225 and at least 17240.

The 17225 version at work runs properly, while the newer 17240 version
at home, fails, as described. I am reverting to my old method of
carrying a mysqlbackup of the program tables from work to home, so the
problem is not a heart-ache for me, only an intriguing inconvenience.

The code difference seems to revolve around changes to the effect of the
chunks diff'ed below. The removed bit worked...the error is reported in
the bit that is added...(obviously more involved than just these).

I am off to look at the commits, and check TRAC.

Geoff

BTW: Both machines have /tmp as chmod 1777...something else going on, as
the new version creates a today/tomorrow cache but fails on all others.

# diff /keep/usb17225/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/datadirect.cpp
/keep/usb17258/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/datadirect.cpp

569,575d568
< QString DataDirectProcessor::CreateTempDirectory(void)
< {
<     if (tmpDir == "/tmp")
<         tmpDir = createTempFile("/tmp/mythtv_ddp_XXXXXX", true);
<     return Q3DeepCopy<QString>(tmpDir);
< }

1164a1174,1181