[mythtv-users] Eee PC as a myth frontend

Sean Goodpasture goofygrin at gmail.com
Mon May 5 19:07:28 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 9:28 AM, Emery Guevremont <emery.guevremont at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Anyone here using an Eee PC as a frontend? Specifically the 2GB surf
> model.
>
> What distro are you using?
> Version of Mythtv?
> Is the streaming smooth when connected wirelessly?
>
> I don't think an Eee PC would be powerful enough, but has anyone tried
> using this as an HD capable frontend?

I've got a 4g, non-surf and was able to play SD just fine (and it looked
good), but HD caused  Bad Things To Happen (tm).  This was overclocked to
900mhz (by default it's underclocked).

This was both in XP (with the windows viewer) and in Xandros (but I don't
remember how I got Myth on there -- it's been quite a while).