[mythtv-users] Backup and Reinstall from FC6 to CentOS 5.1

Thom Paine painethom at gmail.com
Mon May 5 19:47:01 UTC 2008

I've succombed to the fact that I should start my master backend off
new, and put on CentOS 5.1.

I am going to buy some more hard drives and swap out a couple of the
smaller drives for some nice fat 500g drives, and likely make some
sort of raid setup too.

I have lots of recordings on my system, but I suppose there isn't
anything there that I can't likely download again. I'm starting to be
okay with the fact of just dumping my entire recordings folder and
starting off new again.

I have a 2 tuner setup with 2 Bell Expressvu satellites plugged in via
svideo. I have the ir blaster hooked up.

Do I just need to save my lirc.conf, lircrc to keep that functionality
working. It was so long ago that I got it working, that I sorta
forget.

Anything else I should backup before I wipe and load?

--
-=/>Thom