[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 8.04 "Low Graphics Mode" with nvidia 8600

Christopher M. Jones cjones at partialflow.com
Mon May 5 20:15:09 UTC 2008

I'm definitely using the nVidia proprietary drivers. I've installed them
the debian/ubuntu way (using the nvidia-glx-new package) and I've
manually installed the drivers from the nvidia site. I had this card
working under 7.10 just fine, and my xorg.conf didn't change in the
upgrade. So we're talking all things equal on either side of the
upgrade, except for the driver and kernel versions. So I guess I've
answered my own question. I need to install the older drivers that I was
using under 7.10.