[mythtv-users] No sound over HDMI with ga-ma78gm-s2h AMD 780G motherboard.

covert covert thecovert+mythusers at gmail.com
Tue May 6 00:39:07 UTC 2008

Got it working. Hope this helps for anyone else.

# Disable Audio in bios
# Get card ID and device ID from running
aplay -l
# Mine was card 0 device 3

sudo su -
nano /etc/asound.conf
# paste the contents the asoundrc file as describbed here. #
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_Digital_Sound#Setting_up_ALSA.27s_.asoundrc.2C_Properly

# change card and device where needed. I only had to change device
since my card id was the same (0)

#reboot the system.
shutdown -r now

In Mythfrontend -> Setup -> General -> Next -> Next (Audio page)
Audio output device = ALSA:default
Mixer Device = ALSA:default
Mixer Controls = PCM

I still get these errors in mythfrontend.log
Mixer unable to find control Master
Mixer unable to find control PCM

It is working so I am not going to complain :) To many other things to
"get right" first.

Save the file and reboot (