[mythtv-users] Help Diseqc Trouble .21 - Database schema problems

Dave Phillips family_of_phillips at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 07:23:08 UTC 2008

Dave Phillips <family_of_phillips at yahoo.com> wrote:

"Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote: On 05/05/2008 10:57 PM, Steve Daniels wrote:
> I'd suggest restoring the backup of your DB from before the upgrade
> and trying again. Keep a close eye out for errors.

>Definitely.  After restoring a backup, log the output of mythtv-setup
>and verify that the database upgrade worked properly.  If you're not
>sure whether it worked, post the log (or a link to the log) here.

>mythtv-setup 2>&1 | tee ~/mythtv-setup.log

I am restoring again right now and will do the upgrade again and log the results, if I can't spot anything I will post it somewhere for greater minds to examine.

>You might want to get a backup before you drop your existing >database
>(just in case).   http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.5
>and/or >http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/332734#332734

> I'm surprised the God of the MythTV user help (Michael T. Dean) hasn't
> jumped in on this thread.

>Actually, I can't even spell dissect, let alone explain how to fix it in
>Myth.  ;)

>Anything above and beyond database upgrade issues for this thread >would
>be way out of my area of expertise.  And, besides, I've been taking
>advantage of some time I set aside to do some patches for Myth, so I
>haven't had to use the lists to get my Myth fix.

I am pretty sure this is only a database problem so your knowledge will definitely be appreciated and needed here.
Thanks

>  (Though it might be the top posting, the
> vast majority of the folks round here can't stand top posting and
> steer clear of it at all costs..) I wonder if he's got a filter on  his
> name in email content ;-)

>He does.  :)  (For messages from the mythtv lists, my mail server tags
>messages with my name--in several variations (yeah, regexps!), >including
>nicks--so they show up color-coded in my mail clients.)

You might not want to have revealed that. :-)