[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 8.04 "Low Graphics Mode" with nvidia 8600

Herman Kuiper herman at frontier.nl
Tue May 6 10:09:51 UTC 2008

> I'm having the same problem. I have a 5200 card and it's always worked
> fine* in previous versions of ubuntu. Since upgrading to 8.04, I can't
> get my resolution back. Using EnvyNG, it crashes if I try to install
> 169.12. If I install the 96.43.05 driver, then it seems to install ok,
> but doesn't give me my resolutions back.

I was installing from scratch, and I needed to install a newer (?) version
of envyng-core to get past the crash (I think it was
<http://launchpadlibrarian.net/13838301/envyng-core_1.1.1ubuntu12_all.deb>
from <https://bugs.launchpad.net/envy/+bug/216303>, but the PC is currently
powered off, and I'm at work).

Didn't help though - I couldn't get the driver to run. In the end I
manually installed the nVidia package
(<http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_amd64_169.12.html>; note:
amd64 version). I think I had to do what was at the end of the first post
in <http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72490> as well.

	Herman