[mythtv-users] UPnP & MythVideo

Wade Maxfield mythtv at hotblack.co.nz
Tue May 6 10:15:36 UTC 2008

I've just updated to 0.21 this week (MythDora 5 being released and all),
and have discovered that videos from MythVideo are now made available
via UPnP.

But it doesn't seem to honour parental levels. It also seems to just
show a list of all files in the MythVideo directories, not just those
that have been added to the database.

I haven't found any settings or instructions that might change this
behaviour, other than totally disabling UPnP when starting the backend
with --noupnp.

Is there any major pitfalls if I do totally disable upnp?

Is there something I have missed in regards to new settings for 0.21
that might get it to only list items that are in the videometadata db,
and preferably only if they have a parental level of 1?

  - Wade