[mythtv-users] Controlling myth from the deck

Gordon McLellan gordonthree at gmail.com
Tue May 6 12:06:34 UTC 2008

For volume, go to smarthome.com or Radio Shack and get a stereo volume
knob (rheostat/attenuator).   Leave the volume cranked at the head
unit, and adjust locally.

For changing the song / etc, use an IR to RF extender, re-use the
remote you already have setup with myth.

On a side note, not really myth related, there once was a product
called PocketWerx Vinyl which was a remote control music library for
PDAs running Windows.  A server app sat on your pc and indexed all
your music, and the client app ran on your wifi pda.  It showed album
art and you could browse and filter with a number of different
options.  Basically it let you control your music library with a wifi
pda.

Gordon