[mythtv-users] Playback Profiles and hardware used

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Tue May 6 14:46:17 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 9:24 AM, Anthony Giggins <seven at seven.dorksville.net>
wrote:

> I don't remember this topic specifically coming up recently or maybe my
> mailing list searching foo has gone bad and all I could find on the wiki
> was
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Playback_profiles
> &
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/HD_Playback_Reports
>
> I'd like to see details like the HD Playback Reports somehow attached to
> the
> Playback profiles, so anyone can see what hardware is required to use a
> specific Playback profile and in time it should be easy enough to work out
> minimum hardware levels for each profile.
>
> Maybe some standard test streams, to standardise the testing?
>
> Anyway just my 2cents, let me know if this idea is completely insane :)

Not insane.  One thing to note though is that this can often be influenced
by the distribution, driver versions, and many many other things.  We're
seeing alot of reports of problems with 0.21 that coincide with users also
upgrading to FC8 and discovering problems.  I seem to see that combination
more on the list than anything and it seems to point to an issue with out of
the box FC8 because other distributions, like myself on FC6 moving from 0.20
to 0.21 without the OS upgrade didn't have any issues.

Kevin