[mythtv-users] From ATRPMS Fedora to Mythdora

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Tue May 6 14:50:48 UTC 2008

So, its about that time again, time for a complete reinstall on my
boxen. I'm currently running Fedora 7 and using ATrpms to get my MythTV
packages. F7 is fast approaching EOL and I want to switch over to
Mythdora for my installs.

Before I do so I want to make sure I won't have problems restoring my
database. I'm fairly sure Mythdora uses the same rpms from the same
repo, and therefore the schema's should be exactly the same. But I
wanted to ask before I screwed the pooch.

My current plan is to follow this guide
(http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.7). I want to make
sure restoring those tables isn't going to mess up whatever it is
Mythdora sets up for me during the initial install.

Also, I'm putting in some new drives and repartitioning, so as long as I
put my recorded files in the same path everything should be gravy right?

Thanks
Mike