[mythtv-users] N64 Emulation + Joystick

Jeff Clark jeff at vacantcanvas.com
Tue May 6 17:32:36 UTC 2008

On May 6, 2008, at 12:09 PM, Johnny Russ wrote:

> Jeff Clark wrote:

>>> I am in the process of getting MythGame setup with a wireless usb
>>> controller. I had the same problem with Mupen64Plus. You need to use
>>> the
>>> blight input plugin. At first this wouldn't show up for me. I found
>>> the
>>> solution in this thread:
>>> http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?p=401110#post401110. I was
>>> missing
>>> libsdl-ttf2.0. Installing that fixed things up. The blight input
>>> config
>>> provides a gui that make it really easy to setup the mapping for you
>>> gamepad. Mupen64Plus was the best emulator I could find. Others will
>>> know more than me, I haven't even finished setting things up in
>>> MythGame.
>>>

>> Ha!  As it turns out, I am reading that exact post right now.  I just
>> downloaded Blight's, but am trying to figure out how to install it.
>>
>> Any idea?

> I just installed using the binary packages from http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/
> . There is a plugins folder after you unzip the binary package. If
> you look in the plugins folder you will blight_input.so. It was
> installed by default for me. I didn't have to actually install it
> manually. The problem is that it doesn't show up as an option in the
> setup menu because the SDL_ttf font is missing. If this is your
> problem, then when you run from the command line you will see an
> error about the font when you try the setup. Just install the
> SDL_ttf as described in the previously mentioned thread and then
> blight will show up in the setup dialog.

Ah, beautiful.  Installing the SDL_ttf allowed the plugin to display
and shows my RumblePad as a controller already.  Awesome.

Now I just have to hold out until I get home tonight to actually test
it out.  Thanks for your help!'