[mythtv-users] Help Diseqc Trouble .21 - Database schema problems

Dave Phillips family_of_phillips at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 22:23:15 UTC 2008

"Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:  On 05/06/2008 12:51 PM, Dave Phillips wrote:
> I am not sure how I got that changeset in there as well the one for
> "default_authority", http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/12760, but
> obviously I did somehow.

The default_authority change is in trunk /and/ 0.21-fixes, so you
/should/ have it. If you were also missing a default_authority column,
you do have database issues (i.e. caused by applying patches that
included dbcheck updates--rather than being created with a separate
dbcheck patch and instructions for testers to manually modify their
databases (both for adding and for removing the patch)).

If so, I /highly/ recommend a spring-cleaning approach to fixing your
DB: http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.7 (back it (the
upgraded DB) up with http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.5
, then drop the database, then run mc.sql, then run and exit
mythtv-setup, then do 23.7 to restore the "important" stuff, then
reconfigure your system). See, also,
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/332734#332734 for
some scripts that may make it easier (and an opportunity to help test
stuff for 0.22 while staying on 0.21-fixes).

> When I get home I will check and see if I can find any old files
> kicking around.

Also, if you're building from source, remember that when you do an svn
update, it does /not/ "unapply" patches. It will merge upstream changes
with your local changes, so you'll have to unapply the changes (with svn
revert) yourself. Use svn status to find out what's modified (marked
with 'M') or just revert the entire directory structure back to upstream
with:

svn revert -R .

from the top directory of the working copy.

Mike

  Yeah I am also missing the default_authority column in the channel table so I could potentially have more problems.
  Sigh, oh well a simple upgrade gone awry. i was hoping to have my box back up and running quickly but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.
  If I do decide to go the spring cleaning route I will try out the new stuff from
  http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/332734#332734
  and see how that goes.
  I left the old mythtv directory and did a fresh svn into a different directory so none of the old patches should be there.
  Hmm maybe that's why I am having trouble something might still be referencing the old directory.
  Maybe I will try renaming the old directory and see if anything blows up.
  But regardless after that I should still do the spring cleaning approach.
  It will also give me the opportunity to finally pull in the files from my retired backend machine.