[mythtv-users] Sound erratic on CPU-- profile

Marc Barrett mnealbarrett at cox.net
Wed May 7 03:07:30 UTC 2008

I am using mythbuntu 8.04 on a system with an nvidia geforce
FX 5200 card, a 3Ghz Pentium 4 processor with HT, 1.5G of
RAM, and with a firewire connection to a Motorola DCH-3200
box.

I think I have xvmc properly installed and working, as far as
I can determine.  However, when I try to use the CPU-- playback
profile with a 1080i HD channel, the sound becomes very erratic,
even though the video appears to be totally fine.  I'd appreciate any
tips on if there are any ways to make the CPU-- profile work.

I can clear this up by simply using the CPU+ or CPU++ profiles,
but I'd like to be able to use the CPU-- profile so I can have more
processor time available for background tasks like commercial
flagging and such.