[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: Controlling an NSM CDR100 Jukebox from/with/for Myth.

Michael Jones michael at michaelandholly.com
Wed May 7 17:02:17 UTC 2008

This request may be better suited for the DEV list.. but I'll ask here
anyway.

I just put together a brand new backend:

Dual Xeon 2.3, 1tb storage, a Hauppauge 150, 250, a Slave Backend/
frontend for the living room with a firewire connection to the comcast
DCT-6200.   Everything works beautifully on .21 of MythTV.  Kudos to
the developers on the new features. Since the backend is running a
Dual Xeon I'm sure it'll be able to handle more than just running
backend.. even if I put every TV in the house on a frontend.

I acquired an NSM CDR100 CDR Jukebox a few years ago that I would like
to use for CD Ripping (as well as a few other tasks) - I may even try
to upgrade the drive to a DVD if possible.

I'd like to write a script/app that takes a range of slots from the
Jukebox, loads each in order while Myth or another application RIPs
the CD to MP3 and stores it for MythMusic.  Possibly even Play a
specific track of a specific CD like a regular CD Music Jukebox..

I'm currently having problems getting past the Serial communications
to the jukebox from Linux (I can do it from windows just fine with a
special application so I know things work).

My question is:

Has anyone done something like this already - I'd rather not reinvent
the wheel?
Does anyone have experience with these JukeBoxes with Linux/MythTV
that they'd be willing to share?

Thanks,

- Michael