[mythtv-users] Can't add digital channels to lineup

mythmail at gmail.com mythmail at gmail.com
Thu May 8 14:37:11 UTC 2008

I just got a digital to analog converter box for my MythTV, and have
it hooked up to a PVR150 and control it with an IR Blaster.  I have
all of the hardware working perfectly, but now I can't change my
channel listings to the digital OTA ones.  I edited my channels in
schedulesdirect to removed the analog ones and replaced them with
their digital counterparts.  However, when I run mythfilldatabase it
doesn't update my channels.  It appears that MythTV is too smart for
its own good and has decided that since the PVR150 tuner is an analog
source, that it shouldn't bother including digital channels, as it
gives the following output:
2008-05-08 07:20:56.026 Updating myth channels.
2008-05-08 07:20:56.039 DataDirect: Not adding channel 2-1 'KTVUDT
(KTVU-DT)' (KTVUDT),
			looks like a digital channel on an analog source.
etc for all of the other channels.

Is there any way to get around this "feature"?

Thanks