[mythtv-users] Commercials are never detected
Michael T. Dean
mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat May 10 15:32:03 UTC 2008
On 05/10/2008 06:19 AM, Matt Clifton wrote:
> Well I figured it out. All of my "commmethod" columns in the Channel table in the database were null. The value to use the global settings is -1 so I set all values in the commmethod column to use that value. This is the same as going to each individual channel in mythsetup and selecting "Use Global Settings." Programs are being flagged as expected now. I'm not sure how they got set to null in the first place, maybe something to do with switching back and forth between the .20 and .21 releases.
The back and forth is /not/ supported. You should /really/ fix your DB
with a spring cleaning (export, drop, re-create DB with mc.sql,
re-create schema with mythtv-setup, do "new hardware" import -
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.7 . If you don't, any
problems you have with Myth in the future are your own fault.
More information about the mythtv-users