[mythtv-users] Scaling issues with 0.21

Brandon Rogers blrogers at ieee.org
Sat May 10 19:49:18 UTC 2008

All,

I've just upgraded to 0.21-fixes and I am finding a problem that I hope
someone can help me with.

When playing video that needs to by downscaled to play (i.e. 1080i video on
720p resolution), the video is being cropped on the right and bottom instead
of being resized.  The OSD also appears off-center (centered for the
recorded video size but off-centered for what the scaled down version should
be).  Reinstalling 0.20 fixes the problem, but I would like to run 0.21 if
possible.

Has anyone run into this before?  If so, how'd ya fix it?  If not, anyone
got any idea on what I kind of information I could provide that would be
useful to resolve this?  I've run mythfrontend -v playback and -v all, but I
haven't seen anything telling.

At first I thought it was the version of X or the nvidia driver or
something, but I eliminated (I think) that concern by testing it on multiple
versions of X and the nvidia driver:

Unfortunately, with the same results, I tried the following nvidia video
driver version.

8776

100.14.11

100.14.19