[mythtv-users] Is there any way to disable live TV preview in guide?

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Sun May 11 11:53:24 UTC 2008

So I finally figured out my prebuffering pause issue - it was because of
audio. For some reason if I enable SPDIF passthru it happens. For now I am
oging to forget this problem and move on to problem two.....

When playing video my CPU uses less than 10% of one core. However, when I am
viewing the guide at an HDTV channel, this suddenly shoots to 99% of one
core. I assume this is due to the scaling required.

Is there any way to just turn off the live TV preview in the guide? I can't
find one in the settings. This would be a nice setting if there is not.