[mythtv-users] Remotes

Marc drayson at net1plus.com
Sun May 11 19:34:18 UTC 2008

I'm having MASSIVE problems getting my Hauppage Nova-T-500 remote to work at
all.

I've played around and worked around and all to no avail, it's still just
the 0-9 keys that work and nothin else.

So... I'm abandoning it. But my question is - can anyone recommend a good
off-the-shelf remote and receiver that is well supported?

Thanks !

Ben,

If a part of your remote is working like you say then your remote works, you
just have to configure it correctly.

SSH into your system and run irw and press all your remote buttons. This
will confirm that they are all configured in your  lircd.conf

If any buttons are not working you need to add them to the  lircd.conf
There should be plenty of help in the WIKI on how to do this.

Once you have all the buttons configured in lircd.conf you need to map them
in your ~/.lircrc and ~/.mythtv/lircrc file(s).

Most people just create one file and symlink it to the other location.
Again, there should be plenty of help on the WIKI for this.

If you really want a new remote thou I would recommend one of the Harmony
remotes from Logitech. They are 100% customizable. You can program them to
use a remote config that has already been configured for you or you can
create your own configs. Just note that if you create your own you will
probably have to perform the above with the new remote anyway.

Marc