[mythtv-users] mythtv and skype sound

Bob Gamble kiksadiweb at gmail.com
Sun May 11 20:18:42 UTC 2008

Hello,

It has been a while since I used skype on my computers.  The only reason why
is because when I use it, mythtv no lnoger records sound until the computer
is rebooted.  Anyone know a fix for this?  Is there a process that can be
killed instead of rebooting or some other workaround?  I am using ubuntu
7.10 (gutsy).

I'd love to be able to use them both.  I understand I won't be able to use
skype while mythtv is recording.  I just want to be able to use it when
mythtv is not recording and to be able to have sound available after a skype
call is done.  Ultimately I want to use the setup as described here:

http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Integrating_Skype_with_a_MythTV_system

Thanks for any info.