[mythtv-users] How to delete encoders from mythtv database

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon May 12 00:29:35 UTC 2008

On 05/11/2008 06:57 PM, Albert Graham wrote:
> That thread assumes a perfect world, my database seems to have lots of
> configurations for lost of hostnames
> get duplicate key errors when I run that sql.
>
> Is it possible to clean up the databases and remove any references to
> non-existing host names, if so how ?

Spring cleaning:  http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.7

Basically, first, make sure you have a backup of the "most-working"
state of the database.  Then, drop the DB, then run mc.sql, then start
and exit mythtv-setup (allowing it to upgrade the database).  Then,
follow the instructions in the link above (ideally using the
new-hostname database backup on which you ran the new-hostname sed
commands).  If everything imports correctly (i.e. without duplicate key
errors), you're good to go (and begin to reconfigure your Myth box with
mythtv-setup, then mythfrontend settings).

If the 23.7 tables don't import cleanly, let me know and I'll give you a
more involved process.

> Also, I don't think this is the root of my problem, because every single
> other function works, including TV listings and watching and recording
> from TV ?

I think the current state of the database is the root of the problem.
How it got into the current state isn't too important.  Just do as
above, and it should fix it.

Mike