[mythtv-users] Scaling issues with 0.21

Brandon Rogers blrogers at ieee.org
Mon May 12 04:03:49 UTC 2008

> When playing video that needs to be downscaled to play (i.e. 1080i video
on
> 720p resolution), the video is being cropped on the right and bottom
instead
> of being resized.  The OSD also appears off-center

>> I see exactly the same behavior on playback of 1080i material to an
800x600 resolution screen. (However, I don't see the problem with 720p
material.)

>> I posted a message to the list a week or so ago and got no replies.

Chris,

I tested and it seems you're right.  I changed my resolution down to 800x600
and it appears that 720p is rendered correctly.  The 720p that I checked,
however, had already been transcoded (MPEG4)...  I'll wait 'til I record
something in 720p and try to play before it transcodes to verify.

But, as of now, the problem appears to show up in 1080[i/p] video only.

Thanks,
Brandon