[mythtv-users] Benchmark File Server

nasa01 at comcast.net nasa01 at comcast.net
Mon May 12 12:01:05 UTC 2008

 Hi,

 I am trying to benchmark my server/network to ensure things are performing as I
 would hope....  So I was wondering what tools/programs/methods people use to
 accomplish such a task.  I have seen bonnie/bonnie++, but that seems more for
 standard hard drives versuses a raid setup -- and it doesn't address network
 performance.

 Ultimately, I would like to be able to see what my server setup is actually
 capable of handling and then try and take advantage of that.  Thus some baseline
 of it's performance would really be helpful.

 Any suggestions?

 Nasa

(Added a subject line -- how'd I forget that!!!)