[mythtv-users] myth and unicode..

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Mon May 12 16:13:40 UTC 2008

> I use sync.pl which I think I got from mythtools. I always believed it was
> the same as doing an import.

I've never looked at it. I did a search and the 0.2 version I found isn't
correct (my perl may be rusty, but I don't see character (de/en)coding in
there).

> I have tried various methods of decode("utf8",$filename) etc in perl and
> managed to get it into the DB in what looks good from a select sql
> statement but cannot get to appear in mythvideo.

Looking good from a select may be a bad sign. Look at the hex for the field.
Until you see the utf8 sequence I posted, the tool you are using is still
broken.

--
Anduin Withers