[mythtv-users] Program I thought should be recorded wasn't...

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon May 12 18:45:21 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 05/12/2008 02:27 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:
>  >    I'm wondering if there is a way to see backward into the program
>  > recording instructions to see why a program didn't get recorded?
>  >
>  >    On Sunday morning I record a couple of the political talk shows.
>  > Yesterday Meet the Press was recorded but This Week wasn't. I am 200%
>  > sure that when I went to bed Saturday night both were in the Upcoming
>  > Recordings list however on Sunday morning only one was recorded. How
>  > can I determine why?
>
> >    Is there a way to see both what recordings users ask to be recorded
>  > but also see which ones are taken off the list?
>
>  Go to the Previously Recorded screen in mythfrontend and find the
>  episode that didn't record (should be ordered by date by default, which
>  should make it easy to find).  When highlighted, it will tell you the
>  recording status--i.e. why it didn't record.  And, I'm pretty sure
>  you'll be able to see the episode details, too.

The program is in the Previously recorded list but it's in red. I
presume that means it's still going to try and record it.
Unfortunately there's only one showing of that show a week, no reruns,
so it missed it and cannot do much about it at this point.

I do not see any reason listed here. It just says 'Find Weekly -
Recording' in yellow down in the bottom left.

>  Note that you need to do this within about 7-10 days of the missed
>  recording, when the "unimportant" information (i.e. about recordings
>  that didn't occur) will be purged from the database.
>
>  If you want to see the other shows that aired around that time, you
>  should be able to see them in the MythWeb listings (possibly the
>  mythfrontend listings, too, but I haven't checked).  Again, it needs to
>  be done relatively soon (here's where the 7 days really comes in).

The only other program around 8AM on Sunday is Meet the Press. So, as
I thought, it was in the list to record but for some reason did not
record. Question is why?

Still having the problem with exiting Myth killing X. It just happened again.

Thanks,
Mark