[mythtv-users] ATI Drivers 8.3 and 8.4 working (partially)

Chris C noxman at rocketmail.com
Tue May 13 15:07:59 UTC 2008

I get video corruption when switching between MPEG2 SD content and MPEG2 HD content on LiveTV. Has anyone found a fix or a driver version that works for this? I've tried the latest versions with quite a few options and the only solution i have found is to exit livetv and enter it again.

After reading through a few archives it seems people are have trouble getting Xvideo to work with the new ATI drivers. My device section of the xorg.conf looks like this:

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "aticonfig-Device[0]"
        Driver      "fglrx"
        Option      "VideoOverlay" "off" #Also works when set to on, when using compiz this may have an effect.
        Option      "OpenGLOverlay" "off"
        Option      "TexturedVideo" "on" #Needed for Xvideo with the new drivers
EndSection

TexturedVideo is the important option.

BTW I  have 2600XT