[mythtv-users] scratchy sound once in a while

John Andrunas john at andrunas.net
Tue May 13 17:58:42 UTC 2008

I have had this happen a couple of times over the last few days as well,
always on the same channel.  I assumed it was the channel, and haven't had
time to investigate.  I will poke around the next time I see (or hear) it .

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 11:12 PM, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics <
steve at priorityelectronics.com> wrote:

>  Hello, i have mythbuntu 8.04 going and one of my two issues remaining is
> the scratchy, static sound that happens every now and then.
>
> Seems like one in every 20 or so recordings or channel changes has this
> happen. The funny thing is that it always happens on my wife's recordings.
> I have heard of a tinny sound being heard by some myth users, but this one
> is more like very bad static, like bad radio reception.
>
> I tried this:
>
> v4l2-ctl -d 2 --set-audio-source=0; v4l2-ctl -d 2 --set-audio-source=1
>
> which i found at:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_PVR-500#Audio_Instability
>
> But nothing happened when i ran it, it just brought me to the same screen
> you get when you run: v4l2-ctl --help
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this bad sound?
>
> -Thanks

John