[mythtv-users] 0.21 Not Viewable on VIA EPIA M10K (revisited)

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Wed May 14 16:40:20 UTC 2008

Chris Rouch wrote:

> Thanks for all the replies. I gave the newest minimyth a whirl last
> night and it Just Worked - after some straightforward configuration
> anyway.
>
> I looked at minimyth a couple of years ago when I bough the M10K, but
> gave up because I couldn't work out how to use it. They've obviously
> done a lot of work on it in the meantime, particularly to the online
> documentation.
>
> I suspect my original problem was caused by the Mesa issue mentioned
> by Paul Bender, but I no longer have any pressing need to try to fix
> it.

I am glad to hear that MiniMyth just worked. As I no longer have an VIA
EPIA M series board (although I still have a VIA EPIA SP series board),
I never quite sure whether or not I have managed to keep MiniMyth
working well on the board for which MiniMyth was originally created.

Also, I am glad to hear that someone used the documentation. I hate
creating documentation, but I created some anyway (after some prodding).

<rant>It is too bad that the Mesa support for VIA hardware is so
broken/fragile. Given the lack of CPU power on the VIA EPIA boards, you
would think that VIA would want OpenGL hardware acceleration to work.
Yet, they do not contribute to the development.</rant>