[mythtv-users] will a database work if I change the storage setup?

Michael Truscott mltruscott at btinternet.com
Wed May 14 19:11:42 UTC 2008

Let me explain.  I am about to install an extra HDD in my Mythbox and also
take this oppurtunity to reinstall my system.

Previously, I had used LVM to merge 2 discs and would like to move to 2 of the
discs being added via storage groups.

If I reinstall a backed up database will it cope with this level of change
(different mount point, different location for some of the programmes) or
will it all end in a mess and I'll wish I done something else instead as 18
months of accumulated stuff is useless?

Michael