[mythtv-users] Duplication of channels, was Duplication of listings.

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed May 14 20:21:00 UTC 2008

> Just out of interest?! This is an example extract of my mythweb channels
>
> Xmltvid                 channum callsign                name
> freqid  other stuff     useonairguide
>                         1               BBC ONE BBC ONE         …..
> east.bbc1.bbc.co.uk     1               BBC One BBC ONE East    1
> …..
>                         2               BBC TWO BBC TWO         …..
> east.bbc2.bbc.co.uk     2               BBC Two BBC TWO East    2
> …..
>                         3               ITV1            ITV1
>         …..             X
> anglia.tv.co.uk         3               ITV1            ITV1 Anglia
>
> Apologies for banging on and for the length of this.

Your formatting's got a bit messed up in my mail viewer.  It looks
like one of the entries has a blank 'xmltvid' field? Is that the one
that was there before you ran mythfilldatabase?

If so you should have manually entered the xmltvid before running
mythfilldatabase.

At least that was how it was when I last did a setup.  Maybe
tv_grab_uk_rt has got cleverer since then but it's still difficult for
it to automatically synchronise with a dvb channel scan I think.