[mythtv-users] Suddenly MythTV refuses to use both tuners [SOLVED]

Carl-Magnus Björkell carl-magnus.bjorkell at pp.inet.fi
Wed May 14 20:41:28 UTC 2008

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 3:25 PM, Carl-Magnus Björkell
> <carl-magnus.bjorkell at pp.inet.fi
> <mailto:carl-magnus.bjorkell at pp.inet.fi>> wrote:
>
>     Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>      > On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Carl-Magnus Björkell
>      > <carl-magnus.bjorkell at pp.inet.fi
>     <mailto:carl-magnus.bjorkell at pp.inet.fi>
>      > <mailto:carl-magnus.bjorkell at pp.inet.fi
>     <mailto:carl-magnus.bjorkell at pp.inet.fi>>> wrote:
>      >
>      >     Mark Knecht wrote:
>      >      > On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 12:16 PM, Carl-Magnus Björkell
>      >      > <carl-magnus.bjorkell at pp.inet.fi
>     <mailto:carl-magnus.bjorkell at pp.inet.fi>
>      >     <mailto:carl-magnus.bjorkell at pp.inet.fi
>     <mailto:carl-magnus.bjorkell at pp.inet.fi>>> wrote:
>      >      >> Hi,
>      >      >>
>      >      >>
>      >      >> I'm using MythTV on a openSUSE box, and upgrade to the
>     newest mythtv
>      >      >> packages (packaged by packman) fairly often. I have two DVB-C
>      >     tuners,
>      >      >> one which is equipped with a CI-reader for my Conax card
>     to watch
>      >      >> encrypted channels.
>      >      >>
>      >      >> Myth has been conffed to use the unencrypted card whenever
>      >     possible when
>      >      >> recording, so that the "better" card is free for live-tv
>     if needed.
>      >      >>
>      >      >> A couple of weeks ago I started noticing that while one
>     of the
>      >     tuners
>      >      >> where recording, I could not get a channel lock with the
>     other
>      >     tuner.
>      >      >> Now I would think that this would be related to signal
>     strength,
>      >     were it
>      >      >> not for one thing: All recordings have also started to be
>      >     scheduled ONLY
>      >      >> on the Conax-capable card. Both tuners work fine if the
>     other is not
>      >      >> active (I've tried changing inputs etc, and it works).
>      >      >>
>      >      >> AFAIK no configuration has been changed, and this setup has
>      >     worked like
>      >      >> a charm unchanged since the release of 0.21 (with the
>     exception of a
>      >      >> change from XML-tv parsed programdata to EIT scans.)
>      >      >>
>      >      >> Has anyone had any similar problems lately, and more
>      >     importantly, does
>      >      >> anyone have any idea about what could be causing this?
>      >      >>
>      >      >> As I said I've been using Packmans packages. The current
>     version
>      >     I have is:
>      >      >> MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
> [...]

...and there it was. I totally missed that there was a "Next" button on
the input connections screen. My cards had indeed somehow been put into
the same input group, just as you suggested. I turned it back to
"Generic" now and, at least at first glance, it seems to be working.

Thanks alot for the help! :)

-Calle